Last tuesday we gave a presentation about Canal It Up to a delegation of Brussels politicians. Coördinatie Zenne – Coordination Senne and Natagora Bruxelles explained their goals as well, all for the benefit of a greener and healthier canal area.
From our side we described the problems that have to be solved:
– Constant stream of trash in the water
– Bad water quality
– Total lack of nature and biodiversity
And at the same time we illustrated the solutions we propose to tackle these problems:
– Green mobile trash barrier
– Green islands full of waterplants
– Solving the problem of the sewage overflows
Hopefully beautifull things our in the making.
Link to green islands
Dutch and French translations of the links are available on our website.