Make your own Christmas Tree 🎄
(Sorry, there is no translation in French)
Did you know that over 100 million Christmas trees are cut annually, leaving a significant carbon footprint and impacting the environment? Opt for a reusable wooden Christmas tree this year and make a lasting difference. Not only does it reduce the need for fresh-cut trees, but it also adds a touch of creativity to your festivities. After the holidays, store your wooden tree for next year, eliminating the disposal impact! Let’s build a future where our celebrations are not just joyful but also eco-friendly!
- Crafting Wooden Slats:
- Calculate cuts for the wooden slats. (for this tree we decided to have 2 cm difference between each slat going from 100 cm to 2 cm)
- Mark all sides with perpendicular lines.
- Cut using a saw.
- Mark the center of each slat.
- Drill a hole in the center.
- Smooth the slats with sandpaper.
- Building the stand:
- Cut the threaded stem to your desired height (e.g., 1.70m)
- Cut two pieces of the larger wood piece for the base. (50 cm) and make a hole in the center of each one.
- Cut two smaller pieces of 10 cm long
- On the 50 cm wood piece glue the two smaller piece on each side so it can stand as a cross above the other one.
- Make the centrale hole of the wood on the floor bigger on one side so it can fit a bold.
- Put a bold under and a ring and a bold on top of the stand for it to be stable
- Put a bold and a ring at around 30 cm of the thread.
- Add all the wooden slats to the threaded stem.
- Put a ring and a bold at the top of the tree to keep everything in place.